1/7/10

Running feels like flying

The running is going great! Not only do I have a personal coach and pacer, but I've been blessed with a membership to a gym now, too.
The soreness of the first few days is gone, and I've felt like I can just keep going.
Last night we decided to up the pace on the last laps, just for the heck of it. I was out of breath when we finished, but felt good.
Ahhh, feels like flying.
Okay, in case I haven't officially posted my goals, here they are:
I want to run a 5K before I turn 30 (so I have a few months) and I want to run a 10K before the end of the year. It's doable.
Then...maybe....someday.... I could aim for something like a half-marathon. Who knows? It's in my genes. Besides, it would be a great excuse to travel!!

I've gotten into a good time routine for all of this, too. Fred gets off at 4;30, we eat supper at 5pm, and then I run at 6pm. We watch a show together in the evening while I do crunches on the exercise ball (so it doesn't hurt my back.) I'm already feeling better physically and emotionally. You know, winter days are just hard for me. I need to get out and get moving to feel good.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ran 1.7 today at about 4pm, because Fred got off early. Feels good!!!