5/10/09

Day 7 and today is WEEK 2, Day 8!!

Last night was our Day 7, the day of rest or Stretching. Remember, though, that we took this day on Thursday, so we had to work hard last night. I'm glad, because I needed it!!

First I did Ab Ripper, while Fred gloated on the couch (he already did this on the correct day!) Ab Ripper- I love it, but I hate it. Someday I'll keep up with those guys.
The Mason Twist is really one of my favorite moves, and I'm setting some goals with reps.
Those stupid sideways sit-ups (whatever they're called) are torture.

Then we did Legs and Back together. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Those sneaky lunges (all on tip toes!!!) are HARD. And the one legged-wall-sitting. Oh. My. Goodness. You go until your legs are shaking and you're near collapse. I have to say, I did NOT make it through this video. I went down, totally on the floor, twice and then my body gave out with 15 minutes still to go. We just couldn't continue.

At first I was a bit discouraged, but Fred reminded me that no one can make it through all of the videos in the first week. We WILL get there.

I've gotten a LOT of emails from people who are interested in doing P90X, but they are intimidated. Let me say, first, that Tony's whole philosophy is "Do your best and leave the rest." He will encourage you to take breaks in the middle of reps, if you need to. He always shows the easier and harder versions of moves. There are options to use weights on some exercises, or not..."You find your intensity level." I would have to constantly remind myself of this, if Tony wasn't saying it all the time. So, keep in mind, that anyone can start this. You start where you are, and work hard. He even addresses exercise modifications for people with injured knees, back, etc.

And there's a funny thing about exercise. The more you work out, the more you want to work out. The soreness is goooood. It helps you envision what you're working towards.

When I'm stressed and then workout, I feel my stress just flowing out, in productive ways. It's also a great example for the kids.

Another bonus: Fred and I are spending so much time together now, cheering each other on, giving each other sympathy massages, setting goals. My husband is looking fantastic after 1 WEEK (and, yes, he did before, but the changes are already noticeable.) He cut half of his daily calories by eliminating Mountain Dew!! :-) Shame on those Mountain-Dew-makers!

Today starts WEEK 2! Hooray! We have Chest and Back and Ab Ripper to complete.

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

You GO girlfriend! ;0) I'm so proud of you for hanging in there through the first week! I hear it's the toughest because of all the soreness. My fam had a mom's day meal at my parents and I found out that my bro-in-law does P90X (he used to go to the gym everyday, but then they had a baby....). Unfortunately, he and my sister kind of laughed at the mere mention of me doing it. That's sad. Anyway...so, you are very lucky to have so many great encouragers and I will continue checking up on you!

Fred-great that he worked out without you on Thurs. but SHAME ON HIM for laughing while you had to work out alone today!!! ;0)

christine said...

WAY TO GO!!! I am so proud of you guys for doing so well! I think the beginning will be the toughest because it's such a lifestyle change. Pretty soon, you'll be such a stud at it, it will probably feel weird when are aren't P90Xing all the time. :)

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!

I hate those oblique v-ups, too. The are still really hard for me, but very good for my ab definition, I think. I love sneaky lunges, because they hurt, and my legs really need the work!!!

Fred's very smart to remind you that no one gets thru the videos when they first start. Hang in there, and just you wait! You'll be amazed at how much stronger you're going to get.

So proud of you! Keep it up!