5/28/09

Today is...ahem...Day 25

5/21 was Day 20 Legs and Back and Ab Ripper

5/22 was Day 21... and now I don't remember what we did, because my schedule isn't in front of me. Sorry! ;-)

5/23 was Day 22 Rest. No workout. I totally fell off the wagon, and ate pizza for both lunch and dinner. Everything in moderation, right? Except that I did NOT eat in moderation. That's okay. I'll pick myself back up and just try again. :-)

5/24 was Day 23 We worked out, on schedule, but we didn't push ourselves like we usually do.

And here is where the going gets tough. (Or not tough.)
We got busy. I don't mean our "on-the-go, what's-next busy lifestyle"... I mean we were not home. Or only for a few minutes before heading out. It was a holiday weekend, plus Fred took an extra day off. So we rafted, hiked, partied, went to friends' homes, etc.
So, for THREE DAYS we did not work out.

Ack!! I won't call it a total fall-off-the-wagon failure, because we were extremely physically active during those three days. But still....

So, we talked and resolved not to let that happen again. We started back up tonight, for our Day 25. We did Ab Ripper and Legs and Back. And, seriously, I could tell that we hadn't worked out in a few days. The soreness is back in a big way. I couldn't even do quite as many sit-ups! Psychological? Perhaps. But that just makes me more resolute to get it back together!! :-)

Decide. COMMIT. Succeed. I believe!

4 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

You are doing great! Remember, you commited to a lifestyle change, and that wil ebb and flow as with the rest of life. As long as you don't blow the whole thing off and totally revert, you are doing awesome in my book! :0)

If it helps, as busy as we, too, have been between dance rehearsals, caring for Dad, working, etc., etc.... I've done some of my workouts STARTING after 10pm. BUT... when I'm not working, I have the option of sleeping until 8 or 9am. (When I am working, like today, it's just tough luck and less sleep, which isn't helpful to healing the muscles.)

Can't wait for more updates!!!!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

will ----- Sorry, LOL!

Shanda said...

So did you end up doing the whole thing? Would you recommend it? I've been thinking about doing it for awhile...would love your feedback!

Christine said...

WAY TO GO!!! And seriously, even though missing three days is frustrating, your life has to supersede your workouts. You guys are doing fantastic!!